Lots of people have asked us about Facebook remarketing and how to implement it. We decided it was finally time to show you how easy it is and how you can do it in some simple steps.
So, we’ve all been there. You’ve found that shiny new car on the web or maybe you’ve spotted those shoes that have your name all over them. You close the page and then as if by fate, they appear as an advert on Facebook. Well, we hate to break it to you but it’s not fate – this is remarketing.
Remarketing works by following your leads around the web with related offers. When someone visits your website they are ‘tagged’ so to speak. A code is placed on the page that the user has visited, which then prompts your ads to follow that ‘tagged’ user around the web. Facebook remarketing uses this process but if someone has been on your website, your advert will then show the next time they are on Facebook. Impressed? Well, did you know Facebook remarketing ads get 3X the engagement than regular Facebook ads!
By using customer lists, Facebook ads target specific people with personalised messages. Once you’ve placed a Facebook pixel on all pages of your website, you can set up specific audiences with filters based on pages they’ve visited.
Want to know how to do it? Follow this easy step-by-step guide:
Firstly, you need to create and install a Facebook pixel on your website:
- Load your website pages
- Go to the ‘Tools’ dropdown at the top of the page
- Select ‘Pixels’
- Select ‘Create a Pixel’
- Name and create your pixel
Before you move on, you can decide whether to target specific customers.
- On your Facebook Ads Manager account, select ‘Tools’ and then select ‘Audiences’
- Then select ‘Create Audience’ and ‘Custom Audience’
- Now choose which type of remarketing list you want to create: Customer List, Website Traffic or App Activity
- If you select ‘Website Traffic’, you can decide the parameters the visitor must meet in order to get remarketed to. For instance, people who visited pages that contain the word ‘renting’. Once you have set up your custom audiences you need to apply them to ads that you’ve already set up. It really is that simple!
One important factor to consider when creating your retargeting ad is that at this point you ideally want to target them with something that will require them to complete a form and fall directly into your marketing ecosystem, such as an instant valuation or eBook etc. In doing so you are now able to specifically retarget them with much more personalised marketing over longer periods of time using audiences in Lifesycle. Click here if you want to learn more about audiences in Lifesycle and how they work.
If you're not already a Lifesycle user and would like to find out more information about our innovative Estate Agency software that actually generates new business you can book in for a call here.