Let’s face it – as estate agents, time is one of our greatest resources. We never seem to have enough of it, and it seems to pass so quickly. Well, we won't get any more of it and we can't slow it down. We all get the same amount allocated each day, so what can we do to make the most of it?
Here are some simple steps you can take to get the most out of your day.
- Plan your day the night before - At the end of each day write out all the things you need to do the following day to achieve your goals. Pull together all the information you'll need to achieve them.
- Prioritise the list - Number each item and do the harder jobs first. There's always the temptation to do the easy jobs first. However, think about how the thoughts of those hard jobs on the list will restrict your flow as you try to do the easy stuff. Think how good you'll feel when these are out of the way and how motivated you'll feel and you can then breeze through the easier jobs.
- Stick to your list - Check off each item as you go and avoid distractions. You don’t need to answer every email/text as they come in. Set a schedule to check your email/notifications once every hour, or whatever works best for you.
- Remember the Three "D's" - Do it, Delegate it or Dump it. Handle each piece of paper only once. Either do something about it now, delegate it to someone else or throw it in the trash. And remember - "Only do it if only you can do it."
- Don't procrastinate - Procrastination really is the "Thief of Time" It's so easy to put things off till another time or till "I've had time to think about it." DO IT NOW!
- Plan your leisure time - Schedule out time for you to relax, work out, go shopping, or whatever it is that you enjoy doing to relax.
- Be honest with yourself - Keep asking - "Is what I'm doing now getting me to where I want to get to?" if the answer is "no," change what you're doing.