With the emergence of digital communication, we gained new avenues to connect with our community, and this shift from traditional offline marketing to online channels created new opportunities for a more interactive and personalised touch. Further exaggerated by the rise and use of social media and new ways to engage and communicate with our market, we are now interacting directly with our market, gathering feedback and building trust and relationships quicker than ever.
More recently and significantly, Artificial Intelligence (AI) is at the heart of this enhanced strategy. AI is revolutionising how to connect with our audience at light speed, allowing us to automate and scale personalised interactions with a broader audience.
Consumer behaviour and demand for personalised experiences have also exponentially advanced over time, especially with the recent COVID-19 pandemic, which has further shifted consumer expectations to explore more ways to connect. In addition, as consumers become more informed and empowered, their behaviour has changed, relying more on recommendations, online research and authentic conversations before making purchasing decisions.
We must address the need to be more accessible, provide value, and cater to individual needs to adapt to this shift.
Emerging as a response, Conversational marketing will enable you to manage specific concerns, provide tailored advice, and showcase your expertise and properties.
Conversational marketing is now vital for your ongoing success. Estate Agents who engage in personalised conversations with your market will establish trust and confidence. Humanise the buying/selling process, enhance the customer experience, increase lead generation and conversions, and leverage referrals and recommendations like never before.
Understanding Conversational Marketing
Conversation marketing is a customer-centric approach that emphasises building genuine connections and engaging in personalised messaging and conversations with potential clients. Unlike traditional marketing, conversational marketing aims to create personalised experiences by understanding and to address individual needs, preferences, and pain points, shifting from monologue to dialogue.
Importance of Conversational Marketing for Estate Agents
1. Building trust and credibility:
- Personalised interactions: Engaging in conversational marketing allows you to establish trust by addressing specific concerns and providing tailored solutions.
- Human touch: By adopting conversational marketing, you can showcase your expertise, empathy, and reliability, positioning yourself as a trusted advisor in your market.
- Differentiation: In a competitive market, conversational marketing will set you apart by offering a more personal and memorable experience, leading to increased referrals and recommendations.
2. Enhancing customer experience
- Immediate responses: Conversational marketing enables real-time interactions, and recommendations, allowing you to provide prompt and relevant information and listings, improving customer satisfaction.
- Customised guidance: You can offer personalised advice and property recommendations by understanding clients' unique needs, enhancing the overall experience.
- Empathy and understanding: Conversational marketing fosters a deeper understanding of your market's emotions, enabling you to provide empathetic support throughout the buying or selling journey.
3. Increasing lead generation and conversions:
- Higher engagement: By engaging in conversational marketing, you can capture the attention of potential clients and keep them invested in you and the discussion, increasing the likelihood of conversion.
- Qualified leads: Conversational marketing helps you identify prospects genuinely interested in your properties and services, enabling you to focus on qualified leads and improve conversion rates. This has been further enhanced with AI and Machine Learning technologies within specific CRM software.
- Nurturing long-term relationships: Conversational marketing allows you to maintain relationships beyond the initial conversation or transaction, promoting long-term nurturing and repeat business and referrals.
Getting Started with Conversational Marketing Today
1. Leverage live chat and chatbots:
Implement live chat on your website, and offer visitors the option to chat with an agent in real-time, providing instant answers to their queries and initiating conversations. Some chatbots can handle initial inquiries, gather client information, and schedule appointments, freeing time for more personalised conversations. This includes social media messaging apps.
2. Embrace social media:
Monitor social media platforms for conversations related to you and your area, proactively engage in discussions to provide value, and establish your expertise. Remember to refrain from selling, respond promptly and initiate conversations to address needs to showcase your commitment to customer service and knowledge of your area.
3. Utilise personalised marketing:
Segment your audiences and group your database based on their preferences, location, property type and stage in the buying or selling process, allowing for more targeted and personalised communication.
Send, or use marketing automation tools to send personalised emails and SMSs and export or sync (available on specific CRMs) your audiences to your social media advertising accounts and create ads that address particular pain points, offer valuable insights and encourage recipients to engage in conversation.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and CRMs in Conversational Marketing
Specific CRMs like Lifesycle utilise AI to analyse your data to deliver highly personalised, automated experiences by tracking and gathering valuable insights about customers' preferences, behaviour patterns, and past interactions, recommending tailored content and properties to them, further elevating personalisation and conversion. As a result, you can automatically create a more engaging and relevant experience for your customers without your input.
These AI-powered estate agency software systems can automatically analyse customer interactions, engagement levels, and intent signals to determine lead quality, prioritise follow-up efforts, and notify you who to call and why - enabling you to focus your resources on high-value prospects, increasing efficiency and improving conversion rates. In addition, this helps you make data-driven decisions and optimise your sales funnel.
CRMs with this integrated functionality amplify the effects of conversational marketing, transforming customer interactions and enabling you to deliver further on your personalised experiences by automating processes and providing valuable insights to you and customers alike.
Regardless of the technology platform, conversational marketing is vital for estate agents. It helps build trust, humanise the buying/selling process, and enhance the customer experience. Use Conversational marketing to establish yourself as a trusted advisor and leverage referrals and recommendations, as that is an integral part of the buyers' journey in today's market.
Personalised messaging, social media, live chat and chatbots will allow you to deliver on your conversational marketing requirements; however, AI and Marketing Automation will offer you the most significant reward and efficiency. Harnessing these technologies within your CRM software will unlock new levels of customer engagement, satisfaction, and overall marketing success.